Friday, January 27, 2012

Snoozer Bowl

   
  EDIT to preface I am an avid football fan and watcher.
      It's that time of year again.  Americans from across the world will come together in food, beer, commercials, and football for Super Bowl XLVI.  It's an exciting time for not only fans of the respective teams, but for sports fans in general.  This year has been a great NFL season, full of surprises and standouts.  As the regular season sauntered into the playoffs, the games became even more exciting; with the all the 4th quarter and overtime shockers, no victory was secure until the teams were in the locker room.  On multiple occasions, favorites were taken down by the most unexpected underdogs.
      It is unfortunate that, after the most thrilling NFL seasons in recent memory, the two most deplorable, most incumbent franchises have made it to the Super Bowl.   Both the NY Giants (except for Eli Manning) and the NE Patriots are teams that are both unlikable.  For the most part, the entire Super Bowl is devoid of a fan favorite, or an agreed upon "good-guy" to root for.   While it is true that most viewers have never have an invested interest in the game, as obviously only two teams make it per year.  In this deja vu match up, very few people will have any interest.  I, for one, will watch the game, as I almost always do, but will almost certainly be bored to tears.  I guess I will root for the Giants since I HATE Tom Brady and kind of like Eli Manning.....how's that for enthusiasm?

 I wish I could write more on this, but I'm so painfully apathetic about this Super Bowl I have nothing else to say

No comments:

Post a Comment